Below are ideas for transitioning your child from preschool to elementary school, as well as information about kindergarten registration.
Transitioning to Kindergarten!
There may be some questions or concerns as children are getting ready to move onto kindergarten (for both the children and the parents). Here are a few simple ideas for helping your child get excited about kindergarten:
Read some books together
- Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten by Joseph Slate
- Kindergarten, Here I Come by D. J. Steinberg
- The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
- Kindergarten Rocks! by Katie Davis
- The Berenstain Bears Go to School by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Countdown to Kindergarten by Alison McGhee
- The Twelve Days of Kindergarten by Deborah Lee Rose
Take a trip
If at all possible, take a trip to your child’s future elementary school. Take a tour around the school, play on the playground and discuss the future with your child. If the school allows, maybe your child can visit a kindergarten classroom to take a peek at what they do!
Kindergarten Registration 2016-2017
- This information will be updated when local school districts share it.